We all might like to think that our world has an unlimited amount of resources. The truth is, our natural environment is depleting at a fast rate at the demand of our ever-growing population.
There is no magic wand at hand to reverse this, nor is there a speedy recovery, but there is hope. Action lies not just within the policy makers, MPs, and activists. It lies within every individual residing on the planet, including you .
How can you make a difference? Small and many actions collectively, can have a large and positive impact on our environment. The easiest steps to make are the ones that can be implemented everyday and eventually become habitual.
Take action in your office by following these 9 steps:
- Think before you print – is it necessary?
- If yes – check your print settings so you don’t make mistakes
- Utilize technology – Email, Dropbox, Google Drive etc
- Save 50% of paper consumption and print on both sides
- Reuse paper if possible
- Use recycled products, such as notebooks
- Encourage colleagues to do the same.
- Speak to your office manager – what are they doing to reduce waste and save money?